Monday, May 11, 2009

Horseshoes


We had our first Half Acre Horseshoes outing this past Saturday.

Unfortunately the Gods doled out some unseasonably cold weather, so the notion of soaking up rays while chucking shoes was squashed, but it made for an edgier event.

There was a formal bracketing system composed of 36 people(thanks Andy and Andy), and if I can read the paper correctly, teams "Clint" & "We'll Get Back To You," were the top two.  They went home with jewels and gold bars.

We want these events to evolve over time, and hopefully turn into something quite rowdy.  Hope to see you next time.

Half Acre Beer Co
Chicago, IL

2 comments:

Dole said...

I'm annoyed that ultimate conflicted with this, next time I'm all over it!

Jeff said...

Is that Welles Park? I was just telling a friend about the horseshoe pits there, and how I see too little action there. You probably already do this, but in case not, please announce 'shoes on the email list, I just signed up.