Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Mail

We get a LOT of emails and letters from folks that collect coasters, labels and bottle-caps.  It's a very passionate group.  Sometimes we'll get contacted from collectors abroad.  I received this note today and thought I would share it.  Not sure why, but this one struck me as interesting.


Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,


The web-site seems to be clear and readable, what is very important for an older man. That’s very good, that I can find a lot of interesting information concerning your products and technology. Now I can have the knowledge about different processes and believe me or not; I have never known that so many different kinds of beer are produced all around the world. That’s great! Thanks to the internetthe World comes to our homes with a lot of information. Now, when retired I can focus on different sides of live and forget about daily underground coal mining from the past. I have also started to collect some beer items, as beer is one of the most recognizable item of coal miners culture. I am just the beginner collector and there are only few things like glasses and coasters. So, maybe you can help me tomake it bigger? Is it possible to have some samples of labels, coasters or crowns? I would be so grateful if it’s possible.


Wish you all the best and God bless you all


Adam


Maybe I’ll put my postal address below:


(Removed because we're not total jerks)


P.S. As Benjamin Franklin said one day: "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least they aren't asking you to do their homework for them!

Ray Daniels

Gabriel said...

What homework would that be? A good thing because homework is a real drag.

Matthew K. said...

What part of the world was this guy from? His english wasn't the greatest so I'm hoping you guys at Half Acre are now known internationally...