Ladies & Gentlemen,
As you know, last year was the first real Chicago Craft Beer Week. It was a great week filled with your favorite froth from around town. This year, we as a city, are celebrating again: May 19th - May 29th (we're extending it to the 29th, but the technical closing party is on the 27th)
What does this mean for you and the breweries of Chicago? It's time to expand the range of what's possible in the art of consumption.
If you want to check out the Chicago Craft Beer website, please do. It should consistently be updated.
We're planning to leave it all out on the field that week. We're hoping to see you, the beer public, out at events all week long. We have a number of events that are sure to be kick-ass.
Here are the basics on where Half Acre & Friends will be. We plan on dragging out special release beers to all these events. You will want to check with the individual establishments when gauging event times / reservations, etc.
1. 5/19 (5:30pm - 8:30pm) Beer Under Glass. All local breweries at the Garfield Park Conservatory
2. 5/20 (Times TBD) Three Floyds / Half Acre collaboration event down south at Maria's Packaged Goods & Community Bar and the Co-Prosperity Sphere. This will be killer.
4. 5/25 (5ish - late) Half Acre Hike. We will start at our brewery with a special tour (registration will happen at the participating bars) then travel to Hopleaf, Acre & Fountainhead, where we'll be pouring funky beers.
5. 5/26 (9:30 show start) Half Acre Presents The Growlers at The Empty Bottle. Half Acre is taking over the Empty Bottle and their draft lines while throwing down with the sounds of The Growlers (awesome name). We will be giving away 150 tickets to this show.
5. 5/27 (night time) Half Acre will be joining our friends at Revolution Brewing for the closing event.
6. 5/29 (brunch time) Half Acre is gearing up with Small Bar Division to offer you guys a beer brunch. Delicious foods - including home-made pork roll, a New Jersey classic.
These will be some great events. Let us help you to embrace Chicago and it's culture of mixing intoxicating potions.
Half Acre Beer Co