Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Celebrity


As you know (see post) Baume' comes out tomorrow in growler format and will only be pouring at the brewery, so stop by to fill up.....  Bottles and draft to follow around the city.

In honor, and to celebrate with our friends from Hot Doug's, they've been serving a bacon and cheddar Elk Sausage with Half Acre Beer(Daisy Cutter) mustard and Moutardier cheese, all week and through Saturday.

Half Acre will also be naming next week's celebrity sausage, and that's where you come in.  You guys are the power that keeps this train moving, so enough about us......what about you?  All you have to do is tell us why you should be the Celebrity Sausage and you just might be the celebrity sausage.  Top notch at amazing feats?  Awkward in every way possible? Superhuman at the totally mundane?  Tell us, you're a star.....go ahead.  

Winner, chosen by us, gets to either name the sausage after themselves or use the power for another.  

Submit by Saturday morning by either commenting on this post or emailing us at info@halfacrebeer.com

You're going to be famous.

Half Acre Beer Co
Chicago, IL

8 comments:

Helge said...

I think you should name it after that glorious cycling team that has your logo plastered all over their sexy asses. That much hotness deserves a piece of "encased meat" named after it. Frankly I would consider it a milestone in my career to have a sausage associated with me.

Oh and BTW, Empty Sea was killer!

Mr. Sparkle said...

I think you should name it after me, Mr. Sparkle. I am a magnet for foodstuffs and will banish dirt to the land of wind and ghosts.

Unknown said...

I think that it would be a wise move for you to name your sausage after my boyfriend, Will Hobbs. He is, after all, destined to be a celebrity is his own right. He will be a famous illustrator; and the one and only survivor of the future apocalypse, thanks to his shape shifting abilities. Wow!

Unknown said...

I think it should be named after my friend Dylan. He is a drunk bastard who also makes his own sausage! Oh, yea - and he is unemployed so maybe having an encased meat named after him will spark some motivation in the lazy boy.

Katie said...

I'd like to nominate my boyfriend Steve as the sausage's namesake. His diet consists mostly of Daisy Cutter (and, recently, Big Hugs). He really needs to eat something, and thanks to his out-of-control narcissism, a hot dog named after him might be his only chance to regain strength.

Ethan said...

I think you should name it after my sister Tanis because she is a vegetarian. Odd reason? Sure, but I think having a meat product named after her may be enough to bring her back to the cool side of the playground.

Unknown said...

You should name it after me, Rusty. I sit around, I drink beer, and I eat too much. Isn't that what sausage is all about? Yeah, I don't really know what that means either.

Russell said...

You should make me into a celebrity sausage because I am a sausage. Like all great sausages, I am from Chicago and I'm Polish. My bearded manly outside is like a casing, it's tougher to get through but encases a softer side. The red hair on my head is similar to the casing closure at the end of a sausage, some people like it, but many people think it's gross and don't care for it. The meaty interior represents my passion and drive, it's the best part, but sometimes there isn't enough to go around. Garlic is my sense of humor, some underestimate it's importance but sometimes it can be overkill. My Irish liver represents the beer in the sausage, strong and possibly a limited existence. The cheese represents my insecurities, they aren't needed but make me stronger overall. The toppings are my abilities and potential, they can be in perfect harmony or completely underutilized.

...the bread on the other hand represents my jackets, I have a lot of different jackets.